Have you ever wondered, what is Lupus?
- Lupus is a chronic and complex autoimmune disease
- Approximately 40,000 Australians live with Lupus
- Lupus causes immune system to attack the body’s own tissues and organs
- Systemic Lupus (the most common form) can impact any tissue or organ in the body
- If left undiagnosed and untreated, Lupus can have devastating consequences and can, in some cases, be fatal.
- Lupus is the leading cause of premature cardiovascular disease, kidney disease and stroke among young women